Ready, set, go!
At KTM, we take special care when choosing employees, because the right employees are the true key to success! So the questions you should ask yourself first are: Are you the right match for KTM and is KTM the right match for you? If you can answer both of these questions with a resounding "Yes" you will find a few tips below for the best way to present your application and CV to KTM.
What do I need to do to apply for a position at KTM?
Prepare your application documents and your CV first, and then apply using the online form. Once you have completed the form, be sure to upload the following documents:
- The usual components of a letter (address, date, subject, etc.)
- Description of position
- Do not send a form letter – make specific reference to the advertised position instead!
- Key questions that a cover letter should answer:
- Why are you interested in the advertised position and in working for KTM in general?
- Motivation behind your application?
- Why are you suited to the position?
- Emphasise personal strengths, experience, expertise
- When would you be available (notice period)? Could you envision relocating if necessary?
- Length: One to one and a half pages
- Provide a list of enclosures/attachments
- Photo (good resolution, no holiday/party photos, etc.)
- Personal information (name, date of birth, address, etc.)
- Contact information: personal mobile number, e-mail address
- Work experience / internships
- Vocational training including your specialisation
- IT and language skills
- Other relevant knowledge/skills (e.g. driving licence)
- Hobbies and interests
- Clear overview
- Chronological order
- Up-to-date and complete
Certificates, diplomas and letters of recommendation
- Proof of the highest level of education obtained
- Letters of recommendation
- Relevant vocational training certificates and/or course certificates
- Limit the volume of data transmitted
- Ensure clarity and completeness
- Adapt your application to the position you are applying for (no form letters)
- Avoid spelling mistakes
- Use consistent formatting
- Be sure to include any and all information that could play an important role in selection!
e.g. reference to motorcycles, the soonest date you could start, etc.
- Use common file formats for electronic applications (ideal: PDF documents) and make sure that the file size is not too large
- Use the KTM Career Portal to send your application and CV to KTM